What is hosting?
Hosting is to a website, like fuel to a car. No car can run without some kind of fuel (gas, diesel, electricity), and no website can run without some kind of hosting.
But not all hosting solutions are created equal. Just like fuel for your car, different hosting solutions will give you different results.
Technically speaking, web hosting is a service that allows someone to publish a website or web page on to the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed on the Internet.
Websites are hosted or stored, on special computers called servers. When people want to view your website, they enter your website address into their browser. The browser locates your web host and from there, your website. It then retrieves and displays the webpages as needed.
Why is it important?
Websites can’t run without hosting. A better question is “why is high quality hosting important?” There are many reasons why the most important being the 5 S’s:
Speed Your website needs to load quickly; if not, people will click away from your website more often (known as having a “high bounce rate”), and search engines will rank your website lower in the search results. Thus, slow speed gives a poor visitor experience and hurts your search engine rankings.
Stability If your website isn’t stable and reliable, in other words, if it ever goes offline or doesn’t load properly, you risk losing business. Good hosting solutions have multiple systems in place to ensure uptime, overall stability, and reliability.
Security As publicized data breaches have reminded us all too well, hackers are a constant threat to websites. They seek to steal personal or financial information, hold the computer hostage for ransom, or take it over to use for attacks on other computers. Like being a victim of a traumatic home invasion, a successful website hack can leave your website a mess and your reputation in shambles.
Scalability As your website popularity grows, you need the machine that runs your website (your host/servers) to grow with you (otherwise speed and stability will become an issue). Hosting solutions that are set up to support your growth will have an infrastructure in place ready for you to leverage when the time comes.
Sterility A ‘sterile’ web neighborhood is one that is free from undesirable websites. Just like you’d like your home to be free from germs, your website will only perform at its best if the servers that host it are also free from germs. For best website performance, you need to ensure that your website isn’t sharing servers with porn websites , gambling websites, pharma websites, and “junk” websites (while not always the case, these junk websites often use extensions such as .ru (Russia), .cn (China)).
What can we offer you?
We provide customized solutions to all our clients and make sure that their website operates with Speed, Stability, Security, Sterility and the ability to Scale.
Here are some technical specifications (don’t worry if you don’t know what this means, WE worry about this stuff for you):
- Custom-Manager hosting, meaning that we personally manage every element of your website for you (this includes security checks, coding updates, etc).
- Super-fast servers specifically configured to deliver lightning-fast website load times.
- Private server usage limitations. We ensure servers aren’t saturated with a lot of other websites or that you’re ever anywhere near less desirable websites. This helps to ensure excellent server performance.
- High-Level security, including Antivirus and Malware Scanning (plus removal) so that your site always stays virus/malware-free.
- Firewalls and DDoS Prevention protect your website from hackers and attempts to take your website down.
- Continuous WordPress site/plugins monitoring, so that your website is always up to date and any vulnerabilities are fixed as soon as they’re discovered.
- Daily Backups, so that you always have a safety net in place.
- SSL Certificate, which secures the visitor’s connection to the website and also improves the website’s SEO ranking.
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN), to ensure your web pages are loaded faster.
- 24/7 Support, meaning you’ll always have someone you can call on whenever you need help.
To get signed up with our hosting solution, all you need to do is contact us using the information below, and we will send you an official invoice. Once you’ve paid that, we’ll have everything set up and optimized for you right away. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!